Laptop Battery Not Properly Connected Error Message
The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer
I am getting this message and then the laptop goes into hibernate mode;
"The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer”
What’s wrong with my battery?
This error message is common with Sony Vaio laptops when a new laptop battery is installed. The Windows battery management software can sometimes conflict with the Sony battery management program.
Sony Vaio battery packs have a great deal of programming inside the battery pack. If the fix below wont correct the problem, you may have a battery pack that lacks the correct program interaction with you laptop. Laptop Battery Express offers free technical support and a full assortment of batteries guaranteed to work with Sony laptops.
Here are the steps to eliminate this error message:
Click "OK" to enter Hibernate mode, and remove and reinsert the battery. Follow these steps to fix this problem on Windows Vista.
Follow these steps to fix this problem on Windows XP.
- Power off the notebook and remove the battery.
- Make sure only the AC adapter is connected and power on the notebook.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs , click Accessories , and then click Run.
- In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, click Continue or click Yes.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab.
- On the Startup tab, click to uncheck the box in front of ISB Utility.
- Click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Restart button.
- Power off the notebook; reconnect the battery and power back on.
- Go to Start, click on Search.
- Under ‘What do you want to search for?’: Select ‘All Files and Folders’.
- Under ‘Search by any or all of the criteria below.’: Type in isbmgr.exe under ‘All or part of the file name:’. Then click Search.
- When file is found, right click and select, Rename.
- Rename the file vgp.exe. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.