This is a brand new Extended Run HP replacement battery. This long run battery will run at least 50% longer than the 8 cell battery that ships standard with your laptop. This battery has the maximum power capacity that is allowed on the new airline regulations that limit a computer battery to 100 Whr capacity. Whr [Watt Hour] is calculated by multiplying the volts x the mAh [mili amp hour] capacity. This battery has 6600 mAh x 14.8 volts = 98 Whr. Previously we we offering a 7800 mAh battery which produced a 115 Whr capacity, but these are not allowed on commercial airlines worldwide now This battery is going to be physically larger than the original and will cause the back of the laptop to tilt up slightly allowing for more air to flow underneath the computer keeping it cooler. The added run time is achieved with an additional 4 cells inside the cartridge. Users of this battery pack experience an additional 1-2 hours of run time over the standard battery.
Estimated run time with this battery is 3-5 hours. Longer run times can be achieved by minimizing the power use, especially the screen brightness.
This battery is compatible with most dv7 and dv8 hp laptops. Including:
dv7-1000 series (1000-1999)
dv7t-1000 series (1000-1999)
dv7-2000 series (2000-2999)
dv7-3000 series (1000-1999)
dv8-1000 series (all models)
This battery is not
compatible with these dv7 models:
The additional cells contained in this battery will protrude to the bottom of your laptop about 1 inch and add about 5 ounces of additional weight. The added height will also provide more space for air circulation and cooling underneath your laptop. The battery is designed to fit perfectly into your laptop and includes rubber feet which will rest on your table surface.
Not all computer batteries have the same capacity and run times. The higher capacity battery cells inside this cartridge have an energy capacity of 7800 mAh. These are the highest capacity Li-ion batteries on the market today and superior to batteries rated at 6600 & 7200 mAh. This battery will deliver 20% more run time than cheaper 12 cell versions and 77% more run time than cheaper 8 cell versions of this battery. If you prefer the 8 cell battery,
click here for the standard 8 cell battery HP laptop.
This battery replaces the HP Pavilion dv7t-1000 dv7t-1100 CTO dv7t-1200 dv7t-2000 dv7t-2200 dv7t-3000 dv7t-3100 dv7t-3300 dv8 series laptop batteries and additional machines which are listed at the extreme bottom of this web page.
Laptop Battery Express only deals with brand new premium computer batteries. We never carry recycled or used batteries. We only use the highest quality cells
inside the battery pack so you will have a long service life (300-500 recharge cycles). We do not use cheaper battery cells which can wear out in a little as
6 months. Our inventory turns rapidly and you will always receive a freshly manufactured battery.
How to care for your Pavilion dv7t-1000 dv7t-1100 CTO dv7t-1200 dv7t-2000 dv7t-2200 dv7t-3000 dv7t-3100 dv7t-3300 Series battery.
You can extend the life of your laptop battery significantly through the proper care and handling of your battery.
- Any new laptop battery should first be fully charged by leaving it plugged in overnight. Once a computer battery is fully charged it will no longer accept any more power. It is a common practice to leave laptops plugged in after they have been turned off so that the battery has a full charge the next time you use your laptop. It is probably fully charged within 5 hours.
- A brand new notebook battery is in a weakened condition since it has not been conditioned yet. Condition and break in your new battery by performing 5 partial discharge and recharge cycles the first week you receive your new battery.
- Run on battery power without the AC adapter cord at least once a week to keep the battery cells active and at their peak potential. When your laptop is plugged into the power adapter the battery goes to "standby mode" while your laptop runs directly on electricity from the wall outlet.
- Even though your battery indicates it is fully charged, your battery will return to a weakened state again in a few months if it does not get some exercise through partial discharge and recharge cycles while running on battery power alone.
- If your battery has not been actively used 2 months or more, condition your battery again with 5 partial discharge & recharge cycles to increase the batteries capacity and run time.
- Don't run your battery all the way to empty. Your battery will have a longer service life if it receives shallow discharge and recharge cycles. Research has shown that the useful life of the battery will be much longer if you begin to recharge the battery any time before reaching 20% of the remaining power capacity. Recharging the battery even after 10 minutes will not reduce the battery's life span as lithium batteries do not have the memory effect which was found in older NiCad battery technology. NiCad batteries have never been used in laptops, even the earliest models.
- Never run your battery below the 2% critically low warning point. If your battery is run below this point it may not have enough energy to even recharge. This may effectively "kill" your battery.
How can I extend my Pavilion dv7t-1000 dv7t-1100 CTO dv7t-1200 dv7t-2000 dv7t-2200 dv7t-3000 dv7t-3100 dv7t-3300 Series battery run time?
You can extend your battery run time by minimizing the power drain on your battery. A 6 cell battery will run approximately 2 to 2-1/2 hours when the
battery is new. Even longer times can be achieved by minimizing the power consumption of your laptop. Here are the top ways to reduce your power consumption.
- Reduce the brightness of your laptop screen. This is the number drain on your battery by far.
- Avoid using the CD or DVD drive as the motor consumes a fair amount of power.
- Turn off your wireless finder if you are not using the internet.
- Remove any devices plugged into your USB ports or other ports.
- Close out programs you are not using. By minimizing the load on your CPU, sometimes you can avoid having the cooling fan turn to its high speed mode.
- Increase your memory to 4 Gigabytes. This creates less work for your hard drive. Data is temporarily written to your hard drive when your memory is not sufficient to hold all the data on the many pages you may be accessing.