Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 Y410 Y410P Y490 6 Cell Battery
This is a brand new Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 series Battery. If your laptop is the Lenovo 3000 series laptop, this is not the correct battery. Lenovo used the model numbers Y400 and Y500 in the earlier 3000 series laptops as well. This is confusing as the model number Y400 or Y500 can show up different batteries. You can always check the battery itself to compare the shape of your battery to this battery. This battery is built with the best components, not the cheapest.
This battery contains the very best Li-ion cells on the market from Samsung. An important specification to look for with rechargeable batteries is the mAh (mili amp hour) rating or Whr (Watt Hour). This battery is rated at 5200 mAh or 58 Whr. This is the highest rating available for a 6 cell battery pack. The higher the mAh rating, the longer your battery will run before it needs to be recharged again. There are no compatibility issues if your existing battery is rated at 4400 or 4800 mAh or a lower Whr. Simply put, more is better. And yes, this battery is probably better than your original!
The other key component inside the battery pack is the computer chip set that contains the program interface with your laptop’s battery meter software and important safety features that monitors when to charge and stop charging your battery. We use Texas Instruments top notch components for this.
When choosing a laptop battery, cheaper is not better. Cheaper batteries use inferior Chinese cells that typically wear out in just 3 to 6 months. The main indicators of inferior Chinese cells are the low price of the battery and a lower mAh rating. Inferior batteries also use inferior computer chip sets inside that can lead to compatibility issues with your laptop. Although every brand of laptop battery is hand assembled in China, the key to getting a great battery is knowing what components are inside.
Laptop Battery Express is a US based business with knowledgeable support staff to assist you before and after the sale. Yes, we have a phone number and real people answer your call! Free technical support is available if you need additional help in diagnosing power problems with your battery, ac power adapter or battery meter software.
All our products carry a full 2 Year warranty and every battery is charged and tested before it ships.
We provide a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied. We are so confident in the quality of our batteries, we will pay for any and all shipping expenses if our product fails to perform in the first 30 days you have our battery, even if it is not our fault. (PS- if your laptop will not turn on at all when plugged –in, you need a new ac power adapter found at the bottom of this page) Feel free to call for tech support.
- Battery Capacity:
- Battery Type:
- Cell Origin:
- Assembly Origin:
- Useful Life:
- 10.8 Volts - also compatible with 11.1 Volt systems
- 5200 mAh
- 6 Cell Li-ion
- Samsung (South Korea)
- Assembled in China
- 2 Year Warranty
- 30 day full satisfaction guarantee
- 300-500 recharge cycles
You can expect about 2 hours to 4 hours of run time with this computer battery when new, depending on your energy use.
Like all Li-ion primary batteries, your run time will decline over time.
This battery replaces the for Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 and also the Y500 series of laptop batteries.
Replaces these many Lenovo Y400 Y410 Y410p Y490 laptop battery part numbers:
inside the battery pack so you will have a long service life (300-500 recharge cycles). We do not use cheaper battery cells which can wear out in a little as
3 to 6 months. Our inventory turns rapidly and you will always receive a freshly manufactured battery.
How to care for your Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 Y410 Y490 Battery.
You can extend the life of your laptop battery significantly through the proper care and handling of your battery.
- Any new laptop battery should first be fully charged by leaving it plugged in overnight. Once a computer battery is fully charged it will no longer accept any more power. It is a common practice to leave laptops plugged in after they have been turned off so that the battery has a full charge the next time you use your laptop. It is probably fully charged within 5 hours.
- A brand new notebook battery is in a weakened condition since it has not been conditioned yet. Condition and break in your new battery by performing 5 partial discharge and recharge cycles the first week you receive your new battery.
- Run on battery power without the AC adapter cord at least once a week to keep the battery cells active and at their peak potential. When your laptop is plugged into the power adapter the battery goes to "standby mode" while your laptop runs directly on electricity from the wall outlet.
- Even though your battery indicates it is fully charged, your battery will return to a weakened state again in a few months if it does not get some exercise through partial discharge and recharge cycles while running on battery power alone.
- If your battery has not been actively used 2 months or more, condition your battery again with 5 partial discharge & recharge cycles to increase the batteries capacity and run time.
- Don't run your battery all the way to empty. Your battery will have a longer service life if it receives shallow discharge and recharge cycles. Research has shown that the useful life of the battery will be much longer if you begin to recharge the battery any time before reaching 20% of the remaining power capacity. Recharging the battery even after 10 minutes will not reduce the battery's life span as lithium batteries do not have the memory effect which was found in older NiCad battery technology. NiCad batteries have never been used in laptops, even the earliest models.
- Never run your battery below the 3% critically low warning point. If your battery is run below this point it may not have enough energy to recharge. This may effectively "kill" your battery.
How can I extend my Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 Y410 Y490 Battery run time?
You can extend your battery run time by minimizing the power drain on your battery. Even longer times can be achieved by minimizing the power consumption of your laptop. Here are the top ways to reduce your power consumption.
- Reduce the brightness of your laptop screen. This is the main drain on your Lenovo IdeaPad Y400 Battery by far.
- Avoid using the CD or DVD drive as the motor consumes a fair amount of power.
- Turn off your wireless finder if you are not using the internet.
- Remove any devices plugged into your USB ports or other ports.
- Close out programs you are not using. By minimizing the load on your CPU, sometimes you can avoid having the cooling fan turn to its high speed mode.
- Increase your memory to at least 4 Gigabytes. This creates less work for your hard drive. Data is temporarily written to your hard drive when your memory is not sufficient to hold all the data on the many pages you may be accessing.