Replacement Battery for Dell 1691P, 1K500, 2M400, 312-0009, 312-0028, 312-3250, 3H352, 3H625, 3K120, 5081P, 5208U, 53977, 66912, 75UYF, 77TCJ, 851UY, 8M815
This is a brand new, premium grade replacement battery for Dell brand laptop computers. The superior South Korean cells inside the battery cartridge will provide longer run times between charges as well as a longer service life than cheaper batteries. In addition, Li-ion batteries are not subject to the memory effect common with older battery technology. This means you can recharge your laptop any time without diminishing your battery capacity. This laptop battery replacement is typically superior to the original battery for Dell brand laptops and is 100% compatible. The battery is individually tested before shipment and backed by 30-day complete satisfaction guarantee, plus a 2 Year Warranty.
- Battery Capacity:
- Battery Type:
- Cell Origin:
- Useful Life:
- Replacement computer battery for Dell brand laptops
- 14.8 Volts - also compatible with 14.4 Volt systems
- 4400 mAh
- 8 Cell Li-ion
- Samsung brand (South Korea)
- 2 Year Warranty
- 30 day full satisfaction guarantee
- 300-500 recharge cycles
You can expect about 2 hours to 2-1/2 hours of run time with this computer battery when new, depending on your energy use.
This battery replaces these batteries for Dell Inspiron 2500 3700 3800 4000 8000 and replaces the battery for Dell Latitude C CP Cpi CPx series laptop batteries and additional machines which are listed at the extreme bottom of this web page.
Replaces these laptop battery part numbers for Dell brand laptop computers:
Laptop Battery Express only deals with brand new premium computer batteries. We never carry recycled or used batteries. We only use the highest quality cells
inside the battery pack so you will have a long service life (300-500 recharge cycles). We do not use cheaper battery cells which can wear out in a little as
6 months. Our inventory turns rapidly and you will always receive a freshly manufactured battery.
How to care for your battery.
You can extend the life of your laptop battery significantly through the proper care and handling of your battery.
- Any new laptop battery should first be fully charged by leaving it plugged in overnight. Once a computer battery is fully charged it will no longer accept any more power. It is a common practice to leave laptops plugged in after they have been turned off so that the battery has a full charge the next time you use your laptop. It is probably fully charged within 5 hours.
- A brand new notebook battery is in a weakened condition since it has not been conditioned yet. Condition and break in your new battery by performing 5 partial discharge and recharge cycles the first week you receive your new battery.
- Run on battery power without the AC adapter cord at least once a week to keep the battery cells active and at their peak potential. When your laptop is plugged into the power adapter the battery goes to "standby mode" while your laptop runs directly on electricity from the wall outlet.
- Even though your battery indicates it is fully charged, your battery will return to a weakened state again in a few months if it does not get some exercise through partial discharge and recharge cycles while running on battery power alone.
- If your battery has not been actively used 2 months or more, condition your battery again with 5 partial discharge & recharge cycles to increase the batteries capacity and run time.
- Don't run your battery all the way to empty. Your battery will have a longer service life if it receives shallow discharge and recharge cycles. Research has shown that the useful life of the battery will be much longer if you begin to recharge the battery any time before reaching 20% of the remaining power capacity. Recharging the battery even after 10 minutes will not reduce the battery's life span as lithium batteries do not have the memory effect which was found in older NiCad battery technology. NiCad batteries have never been used in laptops, even the earliest models.
- Never run your battery below the 2% critically low warning point. If your battery is run below this point it may not have enough energy to even recharge. This may effectively "kill" your battery.
How can I extend my battery run time?
You can extend your battery run time by minimizing the power drain on your battery. A 6 cell battery will run approximately 2 to 2-1/2 hours when the
battery is new. Even longer times can be achieved by minimizing the power consumption of your laptop. Here are the top ways to reduce your power consumption.
- Reduce the brightness of your laptop screen. This is the number drain on your battery by far.
- Avoid using the CD or DVD drive as the motor consumes a fair amount of power.
- Turn off your wireless finder if you are not using the internet.
- Remove any devices plugged into your USB ports or other ports.
- Close out programs you are not using. By minimizing the load on your CPU, sometimes you can avoid having the cooling fan turn to its high speed mode.
- Increase your memory to 4 Gigabytes. This creates less work for your hard drive. Data is temporarily written to your hard drive when your memory is not sufficient to hold all the data on the many pages you may be accessing.
Compatible with the following Dell Inspiron, Latitude and Precision laptop part numbers:
Dell Inspiron 2500
Dell Inspiron 3700
Dell Inspiron 3800
Dell Inspiron 4000
Dell Inspiron 4100
Dell Inspiron 8000
Dell Inspiron 8100
Dell Latitude CP
Dell Latitude CPL
Dell Latitude CPi
Dell Latitude CPm
Dell Latitude CPT
Dell Latitude CPX
Dell Latitude C500
Dell Latitude C500
Dell Latitude C600
Dell Latitude C800
Dell Latitude PP01
Dell Latitude PP01
Dell Latitude PP01L
Dell Latitude PP01X
Dell Latitude PPL
Dell Latitude PPX
Dell Precision M40
Dell Precision M50
The 2500 series battery is compatible with all models listed on this page. Call us with any concerns!