Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro Replacement Battery for Model No. A1331 A1342 661-5391 661-5585
This brand new Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro A1331 A1342 replacement laptop battery is designed for the 2010 versions of 13 inch MacBook laptops (not retina display). To replace this battery you will have to manually unscrew the bottom of the laptop to replace the battery. If your current battery snaps into the laptop without having to unscrew anything then this is not the correct battery for you. Before purchasing MAKE SURE that you have the correct make and model of MacBook. The listing below of the many machine models that use this battery will be helpful. This is a premium quality battery, not a cheap imitation and features Lithium polymer technology inside the battery which provides longer run times with less weight. In
addition, lithium polymer batteries are not subject to the memory effect common with the old battery technology. This laptop battery replacement is 100%
compatible with the original Apple 13-inch MacBook Model No. A1331 & A1342 battery specifications; and like all of our batteries it is individually tested and backed by a 2 Year warranty.
- Battery Capacity:
- Battery Type:
- Cell Origin:
- Assembly Origin:
- Useful Life:
- XTend replacement computer battery
- 10.95 Volts
- 63.5 Whr
- Lithium Polymer
- Samsung (South Korea)
- Assembled in China
- 2 Year Warranty
- 30 day full satisfaction guarantee
- 300-500 recharge cycles
You can expect about 4 - 5 hours of run time with this computer battery when new, depending on your energy use. The higher capacity battery cells inside this cartridge have an energy capacity of 63.5 Whr.
Like all lithium polymer primary batteries, your run time will decline over time.
This battery replaces the Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (2010) Unibody and Polycarbonite series of laptops.
Laptop Battery Express only deals with brand new premium computer batteries. We never carry recycled or used batteries. We only use the highest quality cells
inside the battery pack so you will have a long service life (300-500 recharge cycles). We do not use cheaper battery cells which can wear out in a little as
6 months. Our inventory turns rapidly and you will always receive a freshly manufactured battery.
How to care for your Apple 13-inch MacBook battery.
You can extend the life of your Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro A1331 A1342 laptop battery significantly through the proper care and handling of your battery.
- Any new Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro laptop battery should first be fully charged by leaving it plugged in overnight. Once a computer battery is fully charged it will no longer accept any more power. It is a common practice to leave laptops plugged in after they have been turned off so that the battery has a full charge the next time you use your laptop. It is probably fully charged within 5 hours.
- A brand new Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro A1331 A1342 notebook battery is in a weakened condition since it has not been conditioned yet. Condition and break in your new battery by performing 5 partial discharge and recharge cycles the first week you receive your new battery.
- Run on battery power without the AC adapter cord at least once a week to keep the battery cells active and at their peak potential. When your laptop is plugged into the power adapter the battery goes to "standby mode" while your laptop runs directly on electricity from the wall outlet.
- Even though your
Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro battery indicates it is fully charged, your battery will return to a weakened state again in a few months if it does not get some exercise through partial discharge and recharge cycles while running on battery power alone.
- If your
Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro battery has not been actively used 2 months or more, condition your battery again with 5 partial discharge & recharge cycles to increase the batteries capacity and run time.
- Don't run your
Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro battery all the way to empty. Your battery will have a longer service life if it receives shallow discharge and recharge cycles. Research has shown that the useful life of the battery will be much longer if you begin to recharge the battery any time before reaching 20% of the remaining power capacity. Recharging the battery even after 10 minutes will not reduce the battery's life span as lithium batteries do not have the memory effect which was found in older NiCad battery technology. NiCad batteries have never been used in laptops, even the earliest models.
- Never run your
Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro A1331 A1342 battery below the 2% critically low warning point. If your battery is run below this point it may not have enough energy to even recharge. This may effectively "kill" your battery.
How can I extend my Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro A1331 A1342 battery run time?
You can extend your Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro battery run time by minimizing the power drain on your battery. Even longer times can be achieved by minimizing the power consumption of your laptop. Here are the top ways to reduce your power consumption.
- Reduce the brightness of your Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro A1331 A1342 laptop screen. This is the number drain on your battery by far.
- Avoid using the CD or DVD drive as the motor consumes a fair amount of power.
- Turn off your wireless finder if you are not using the internet.
- Remove any devices plugged into your USB ports or other ports.
- Close out programs you are not using. By minimizing the load on your CPU, sometimes you can avoid having the cooling fan turn to its high speed mode.
- Increase your memory to 4 Gigabytes. This creates less work for your hard drive. Data is temporarily written to your hard drive when your memory is not sufficient to hold all the data on the many pages you may be accessing.